Mumbai is one of the most exciting and happening cities in India. It has a lot of things to offer and is home to some great tourist attractions. You can find everything from historical sites, modern places, traditional markets and shopping centers in Mumbai. This vibrant city attracts visitors from all around the world, who come here for vacations or for business purposes. Here are 14 great tourist attractions that people must visit if they decide to travel to Mumbai:
1. Gateway of India – This iconic structure was built back in 1924 as a welcome point for King George V and Queen Mary of England during their visit to India. This monument is one of the best places to see in Mumbai, as it offers amazing views of the Arabian Sea and Elephanta Island.
2. Elephanta Caves – Located in the Elephanta Islands, this stunning attraction is a must-visit for all tourists who come to Mumbai. These rocky caves are home to beautiful sculptures that are well preserved and date back to the 7th century.
3. Mahalaxmi Temple – This temple is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Mumbai, as it represents the rich diversity of Indian culture and heritage. People from all over India visit this temple owing to its historical significance, architecture and religious value.
4. Crawford Market – This market is considered one of the best places for shopping in Mumbai, as visitors can find everything from clothing items and jewelry to footwear and household goods here. Crawford Market is quite popular among tourists as there are a lot of interesting things to see and do here.
5. Siddhivinayaka Temple – This temple attracts visitors from all over the world, as its architecture is something that must be seen to be believed. The huge idol of Lord Ganesha in the main temple area can easily catch the attention of anyone who visits this place.
6. Marine Drive – This road extends along the Arabian Sea coast, and offers some amazing views of Mumbai city and its surroundings. Tourists visiting Mumbai should definitely take a stroll along this beautiful road during their trip to get a taste of what life is like in this vibrant city.
7. Haji Ali Dargah – This famous dargah is located on a rock in the middle of the Arabian Sea. It is an important pilgrimage site for both Muslims and Hindus, owing to its religious significance.
8. Bandra-Worli Sea Link – This bridge was built recently as part of a massive infrastructure project in Mumbai. It connects two popular destinations in Mumbai namely Bandra and Worli, and provides amazing views of the city from above.
9. Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Market – Also known by locals as ‘Kala Ghoda’ market, this place is perfect for those looking to experience local life in Mumbai while they are here on vacation or business trips. There are many interesting things to see and do here, which is why it attracts a lot of visitors every day.
10. Kamala Nehru Park – This park is beautifully maintained, and has many recreational activities available for visitors to engage in during their trip. It is home to several historical monuments as well, which makes it a must-visit place for tourists who come here on vacation or business trips.
11. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus – Known as Victoria Terminus earlier, this beautiful building was built back in 1888 with Gothic architecture influences and serves as the main train station in Mumbai today. It is an important landmark that no visitor should miss seeing when they are touring around the city.…